Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Meet Daniel, the desk

Meet Tyler.


Daniel never applied himself in school, like many a young boy.  It was only as he matured, he realized just how important those formative school years were.  He vowed he would make sure his kids took full advantage of their education.


He created an after-school cribbage club where he taught many children how to play a game they could play with their grandparents.


He was also the guy that would volunteer for the dunk tank at the Spring Fling Festival.


And he read aloud to his kids, which they loved, because he used different voices for each character.  That is something they will always remember about their Dad.


I wanted to add some "fun"ctionality to this piece.  So I used some chalkboard paint for the top, drawer fronts, and the inside back of the desk.  The alphabet was hand painted on the top as well.  Can't you just see a youngster practicing their letters on the top?  Daniel would be so proud.


I went with a sweet vintage yellow which should appeal to both genders.  I hope like this little renovation.  Now get cracking with those math facts!!


Have a great day,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love when you do this!! It's so cute and fun to read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome now! I love the chalk board paint, especially underneath, it would be like a special place to sit when you are little and write secret messages or line up your toys and play "schools" (can tell what I did as a kid!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the desk! Especially the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and I love the letters and numbers. How fun. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome desk and I love the letters. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apricate your hard work in this article. Such a great color you put in this table with beautiful design. I hope you will share more good updates. Now it's time to avail car service west palm beach for more information.

    ReplyDelete